CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7395
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedY coordinate in Dynamic Text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bartekb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Y coordinate in Dynamic Text
    Posted: 01.Mar.2009 at 01:43
Im new to the forum so sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.
I have the following problem - I work in model space where 1unit equals 1mm
My section is placed so the World Y coordinate of a point equals its "real" height. so if I ID a floor and see 123500 my floor is on 123.5m height.

What I was after is a height node that has a height text and updates itslef when i move it:
What I did - used MT to write a text, drew a line, selected "insert field" then> field names: object then> selected the line selected property:start and selected Y property.

Everything works perfect but instead of having my 123.5m Ive got 123500 and I can not use additional format>conversion factor to multiply the proerty:start by 0.01.

There are diff. things I can do lie draw a dot manually:) but I would really appreciate your help how to do it properly - it would really make my life easier

Arben.Allaraj View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2008
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Mar.2009 at 10:06
Originally posted by bartekb bartekb wrote:

Im new to the forum so sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.
I have the following problem - I work in model space where 1unit equals 1mm
My section is placed so the World Y coordinate of a point equals its "real" height. so if I ID a floor and see 123500 my floor is on 123.5m height.

What I was after is a height node that has a height text and updates itslef when i move it:
What I did - used MT to write a text, drew a line, selected "insert field" then> field names: object then> selected the line selected property:start and selected Y property.

Everything works perfect but instead of having my 123.5m Ive got 123500 and I can not use additional format>conversion factor to multiply the proerty:start by 0.01.

There are diff. things I can do lie draw a dot manually:) but I would really appreciate your help how to do it properly - it would really make my life easier

Ok try to change the Precision to Format-->Units
Ing Arben.Allaraj
http://cad-drafting-corner.blogspot.com
bartekb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Mar.2009 at 21:12
I can change Format: to current units but it will not resolve it - I drawi in mm and need a output in meters.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Mar.2009 at 21:55
LOL

I can change Format: to current units but it will not resolve it - I drawi in mm and need a output in meters.

Use scale command and write in title block so:
Scale 1:1000 or

Go to dimstyle and work with suffix.
Ing Arben.Allaraj
bartekb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Mar.2009 at 09:31
I do not want to rescale the whole dwg to meters - then I would have to put mulitplier on every other dim that I still want in mm, and how can I work with dimstyle as its not a dim but Text Field.
 You lost me a little.
Dead

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Mar.2009 at 16:49

I do not want to rescale the whole dwg to meters - then I would have to put mulitplier on every other dim that I still want in mm, and how can I work with dimstyle as its not a dim but Text Field.
 You lost me a little.
Dead

Sorry but I don't understand "You lost me a little."

make me an example .

Ing Arben.Allaraj
rossassociates View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Mar.2009 at 18:26
If you (multi) select the DIMs you want to see in metres, you can then change the following and this will give you what you want.

I would also suggest putting the different DIMs on separate layers, it might help to locate / isolate them..

Of course you shouldn't really be mixing units on a drawing, but if that's what you want...

(in ACAD 2005)

Right click and select Properties

Primary Units

Dim suffix metres or m
Dim roundoff 0.00
Dim scale linear 0.001
Precision 0.00

Of course you can tailor the above to what you want..  Just in case it doesn't quite present the information in the right way.

Edited by rossassociates - 02.Mar.2009 at 18:27

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic