CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9335
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedXREF Insertion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anyoldnick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: XREF Insertion
    Posted: 25.Mar.2009 at 11:06
I'm using an xref that's based on a drawing received from someone else. Whenever I insert it as an xref it never locates itself at the correct coordinates, in fact it's not even close, it's out of position by a long way.

Both the xref and the drawing I'm inserting it into are drawn in the same units; are positioned correctly on the site coordinate grid and I'm not applying any sort of scale factor when inserting the xref.

Does anyone have any idea why the xref isn't inserting itself in the correct location?

P.S. Even when I insert the xref as a bloc (by way of a check) it still does not insert at the correct location.
msplcdykee69 View Drop Down

Using: Civil 3D, Map, Inventor, Mechanical, & Electrical
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2009 at 13:09
Is the UCS rotated in either drawing?  Inserting x-ref's or blocks need to be positioned the same.  Good way to do this is make sure they are both set to "World" That could be the problem... Another could be someone saved the dwg as a block and picked the coordinate to insert. .. Did you try doing a copy from one drawing and paste as a block in the other?  That might work for you... I hope these help.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic