CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8311
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCreat New Line Type

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tariq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: 2018
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creat New Line Type
    Posted: 14.Apr.2009 at 07:23

Hi

I want to creat new linetype where rectangle in 45 angle so how i work done in short time plz help me and have any lisp file where i creat any linetype in short tiime.

Thanks
Tariq Mehmood
msplcdykee69 View Drop Down

Using: Civil 3D, Map, Inventor, Mechanical, & Electrical
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Apr.2009 at 19:30

You can create custom linetypes (LIN files) from specified shapes, horizontal single-segment lines and horizontal polylines, and text strings, in an AutoCAD 2000 drawing using the Make Linetype Express Tool

Solution

1. Select the Express Menu > Tools > Make Linetype.
  2. In the MKLTYPE - Select a Linetype File dialog, enter a name and description for the linetype.
  3. Choose the Save button.
  4. Select the starting point for the linetype. Hint: You can use the OSNAP to snap to the beginning
    of the first object.
  5. Select the ending point for the linetype.
  6. Select the objects you want to use to define the linetype.
  7. Press ENTER to complete the command.
Your new linetype will automatically be loaded into the current drawing.

If you want to use other AutoCAD object types, such as circles, arcs, or multi-segment polylines in
your linetype, you need to create a shape file using the Make Shape Express Tool, then insert that
shape into the drawing and create the linetype using that shape rather than the original objects.  See