CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10278
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedglitch with paper space & model space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charris1 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2011, Revit 2014
Direct Link To This Post Topic: glitch with paper space & model space
    Posted: 23.Apr.2009 at 18:09
New to the forum, but have 7 years experience with CAD.

When I copy (ctrl c) from model space in one drawing into model space (ctrl v) in another drawing (all layers on), about half of the lines/blocks/etc. show up & the other half don't. There is not reason why certain layers are working & others are not. It seems random. But in paper space, and when I access model space THROUGH a viewport, everything shows up and I can select & modify it.

I've tried purging all items, regenerating the display, and restarting the computer.

Any ideas would help.
Thanks

When I paste, it asks me to enter attribute info. I have entered the info in many different ways, all with the same result.

Edited by charris1 - 23.Apr.2009 at 18:21
msplcdykee69 View Drop Down

Using: Civil 3D, Map, Inventor, Mechanical, & Electrical
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Apr.2009 at 21:03
Sometimes i have found doing a regenall helps. Try that. If that does not do anything see if your psltscale is on or off.
Engineering Manufacturing Medical Cables/Adjunct Instructor Engineering Graphics/Engineering Computations and Careers

msplcdykee69@yahoo.com

Shawn
charris1 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2011, Revit 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Apr.2009 at 20:11
I changed the 3D view to plan view, current UCS. I'm not sure what it was on first, but that's the problem with inheriting drawings started by someone else! I found out the problem by selecting all & I could see that there were items out in space somewhere, but I couldn't select them. Finally I decided to look at different views & clicked on current UCS & everything showed up. I think when I was drawing, I was snapping to existing points, which is usually a good thing to do, but they were 1000' away. It looked fine, but then when I copied and pasted into another file, I wasn't selecting the items because they were really 1000' away.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic