CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
Czech English Deutsch
Login/Register:
 Visitors: 2801 
RSS tips RSS channel - CAD tips
RSS discussion RSS channel - CAD discussion

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The information that you provide in this form will make up your forum profile which can be viewed by other forum members. Your email address will only be visible by forum admin and moderators and will be used to send you Forum Notifications. To cancel your account, use the page Opt-out or contact webmaster@cadforum.cz.

Topic Closedglitch with paper space & model space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charris1 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2011, Revit 2014
Direct Link To This Post Topic: glitch with paper space & model space
    Posted: 23.Apr.2009 at 18:09
New to the forum, but have 7 years experience with CAD.

When I copy (ctrl c) from model space in one drawing into model space (ctrl v) in another drawing (all layers on), about half of the lines/blocks/etc. show up & the other half don't. There is not reason why certain layers are working & others are not. It seems random. But in paper space, and when I access model space THROUGH a viewport, everything shows up and I can select & modify it.

I've tried purging all items, regenerating the display, and restarting the computer.

Any ideas would help.
Thanks

When I paste, it asks me to enter attribute info. I have entered the info in many different ways, all with the same result.

Edited by charris1 - 23.Apr.2009 at 18:21
msplcdykee69 View Drop Down

Using: Civil 3D, Map, Inventor, Mechanical, & Electrical
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Apr.2009 at 21:03
Sometimes i have found doing a regenall helps. Try that. If that does not do anything see if your psltscale is on or off.
Engineering Manufacturing Medical Cables/Adjunct Instructor Engineering Graphics/Engineering Computations and Careers

msplcdykee69@yahoo.com

Shawn
charris1 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2011, Revit 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Apr.2009 at 20:11
I changed the 3D view to plan view, current UCS. I'm not sure what it was on first, but that's the problem with inheriting drawings started by someone else! I found out the problem by selecting all & I could see that there were items out in space somewhere, but I couldn't select them. Finally I decided to look at different views & clicked on current UCS & everything showed up. I think when I was drawing, I was snapping to existing points, which is usually a good thing to do, but they were 1000' away. It looked fine, but then when I copied and pasted into another file, I wasn't selecting the items because they were really 1000' away.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic