CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9741
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStruggling with colors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oli_2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Struggling with colors
    Posted: 13.May.2009 at 12:43

Hi, I've just started to using autoCAD and I'm teaching myself as I go.

I'm currently trying to modify some AutoCAD drawings I've been sent with the aim to create a PDF. What I'm finding is that the drawing dimensions were created in cyan and the hatching is in yellow. Obviously when I try to print it off on a black and white printer the lines don't appear.

i've selected the whole drawing and set the colors in the properties to "By layer" and then changed all the layer colors to "white". What i found was most of the lines changed but the dimensions and hatching stayed the same.

I've also tried to select the hatching individually and change the color to "white". This results in the properties reading the color as "white" but the lines stay yellow

I assume this is due to the way the lines were created - how can i modify them? (I'm not sure on the history of the part but it may be part of a group of parts - could it be linked to the original???? and how would I check this if it was?)

Many thanks in advance

Oli

Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.May.2009 at 13:27
In AutoCAD, You can have different colors "for display" and "for print". The "for print" colors can be mapped to displayed colors or to individual named plot styles. See the "plot styles" concept in AutoCAD Help.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
oli_2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.May.2009 at 14:23
ok thanks, I'll give it a try

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic