CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 18074
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOLE/Active X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Smurff311 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: OLE/Active X
    Posted: 26.Oct.2007 at 15:56
Why are attached images within AutoCAD messing up. I had to constantly zoom in and out of my CAD window to paste it properly for the right image scale. Then about 9/10 when I paste the image I'm able to right click OLE and open then edit the image. When this happens sometimes it works fine and other times it will automatically rescale it in AutoCAD. Then even sometimes when I right click OLE; open    I get an error: Can not activate a static ActiveX object. Any help regarding these OLE issues would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Oct.2007 at 07:52
OLE objects often do not play well with AutoCAD. Use rather the IMAGE command to attach raster images.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
Smurff311 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Oct.2007 at 18:20
Your not allowed to move/rescale/rotate the image? One time deal with using the command IMAGE?
iDraft View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31.Oct.2007 at 07:03
image command is rescalable. however you can only shade the image in autocad and will have to open said image in another app to edit it.

i happen to prefer the autocad map mapiinsert command a bit better though for images, as it can insert to coordinates and scale to set units.
iDraft
Jesse Davis
Send Me an Email
Subcontract your Civil and Survey Drafting

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic