CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5435
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD Obsolete???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jay_blaze23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD Obsolete???
    Posted: 02.Jul.2009 at 23:30
I've been using AutoCAD for about 5 years now and I just completed my training in 3DSMax in an Autodesk Training Center. I have not learn how to use Revit Architecture and an Architect told me that everyone in the Architectural field are switching to Revit for good. meaning AutoCAD is not going to be use and may 3Dsmax as well..

And also what do you think about (GOOGLE VS. AUTODESK)<--vote here!

I need help on obtaining a copy of Revit Architecture so that I can start learning it.. Please help!

to see some of my work ing AutoCAD in 3D please visit my website.

www.cad.yolasite.com
http://jewellros.yolasite.com
Hot2get.yolasite.com

Thanks everyone!!

Edited by jay_blaze23 - 23.Sep.2009 at 08:12
Kajito View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Jul.2009 at 17:19
well,
you can buy it or you can get it from let's say thepiratebay.org for example. The second option is not legal, but honestly as I say, stealing software (if you are using it for learning purposes) helps to the developers, although they say it is stealing.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Jul.2009 at 22:05
Piratebay.com free? do i have to pay for membership?
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Jul.2009 at 08:22
It is against the rules of this forum to discuss matters that violate law.

You can easily contact any Autodesk authorized reseller to obtain a free trial version of Revit Architecture. In fact you can also download it from the Download page on this site.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
Kajito View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Jul.2009 at 15:07
'm sorry for that Vladimir,

it will not happen again. I really think that learning how to use software to get job and therefore legal licence is helping to developers earning money at the end. Pitty that developers are not issuing free versions for these purposes.
Anyway once again sorry for that.
regards
Karol
mertens3d View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Jul.2009 at 05:57
Get the demo version of revit from Autodesk.com and start playing with it. For me, it's the best way to learn software.

I'd suggest waiting until you are going to be serious about it. You'll have 30 days of full functionality starting from the first time you open it. That'll make it easier to do the tutorials (although not necassary)....but even more so it'll make it easier for you to go off on tangents while you learning and try small projects/tasks that interest you. Since you'll be able to save you will be able to revisit those drawings while you complete the rest of  the tutorials.

After the 30 days you'll be able to use pretty much all of the program as before with the exception of saving. There are a couple other features that are disabled (maybe plotting?). These will make it useless for production....but still useful for basic learning.

I agree with what you heard from others. Autodesk is pushing Revit hard. Despite that :) I have switched over to it. It may or may not be the best BIM software out there, but because Autodesk owns it, it will probably dominate for the next 5 years or so. It certainly is much better than architectural desktop.

...gregory
http://mertens3d.com - 3d architectural rendering
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Jul.2009 at 11:56

Thanks for the reply gregory..I will definitely download the 30 days free trial of Revit..

Just one question, you mentioned that Revit is not the best BIM software out there. What software do you think is better?

And you are correct that Autodesk dominates the CAD industries. They are buying out competitors as well. 

Anyway, I checked your website and I really like the project and the drawings that you've done..Great job!!

Thanks for dropping by,

Jay 

mertens3d View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Jul.2009 at 21:02

Jay,

What i meant was, I don't know if it's the best or not. I haven't used any other BIM software. But even if there is a better one, it'll end up being one of those VHS vs Beta type deals. (where revit is VHS).

Thanks for the compliment on my work.

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Jul.2009 at 09:34
What do you think about (GOOGLE VS. AUTODESK)
tumulus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Jul.2009 at 11:05
try archicad otherwise :)

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic