CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6973
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLine Protruding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cure4glass View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Line Protruding
    Posted: 27.Jul.2009 at 18:03

I have drawings with assigned plot styles for certain lines, set up in Plot Style Table Editor. Here’s my issue. The plotted line weights for these lines are 1.2 mm .I had the line end style set as Square. The lines were protruding past the object or line they were intersecting with. I changed the line end Style to Butt hoping that it would correct the problem, but no luck.Any suggestions?

Draftman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jul.2009 at 16:32
If all lines are the same weight you should be ok. If you have a thicker line runing into a thiner one, this happens.

Also, click on the line that's acting up & see if the griping point is going past the line you're intersecting too. I'll try to quickly lay lines down & my o-snap will grab something i didn't want it to if you have objects close together.

Zoom in, cause it's hard to notice on large drawings sometimes. It also helps me to highlight everything in the area just to see grips of things I may not have caught while not selected.

I'm sure you'll kick yourself when you find out what it is.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic