CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 16996
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBinding XRefs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
deatonswc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Binding XRefs
    Posted: 27.Jul.2009 at 20:43
I'm trying to bind another DWG to my drawing but when I do it dissapears.  The layers are still there.  It's still shown in the XRef dialog box as loaded.  I've tried both the Bind and Insert options but either way it dissapears.  I have to undo it all before I can see it again.  Any ideas?
msplcdykee69 View Drop Down

Using: Civil 3D, Map, Inventor, Mechanical, & Electrical
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Jul.2009 at 22:07
have you tried doing a Regenall after binding? Sometimes you need to do that to give AutoCAD a chance to refresh.  if that does not help let us know.
Engineering Manufacturing Medical Cables/Adjunct Instructor Engineering Graphics/Engineering Computations and Careers

msplcdykee69@yahoo.com

Shawn
deatonswc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Jul.2009 at 22:55
Yes I have.  Still no drawing.
Crystalg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jul.2009 at 16:56
What version of CAD are you using?
deatonswc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jul.2009 at 17:27
AutoCAD 11:27:06 AM 2009
Naddoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jul.2009 at 18:15
Hi friend! The drawing that u binding with xref, may not drawn at near zero point of drawing. so whn u binding tht drawing with xref, the xref always picks base point at x=0 and y=0. after putting on another drawing just do ZOOM EXTENTS, I think u will find at some where far from the drawing. so plz open tht drawing and move whole drawing, pick its bottom left corner as a base point and give x and y = 0 and save it and close. now you can see this drawing in xref binding. I sure this will work.
gizmeau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jul.2009 at 18:44
Problem may come from Autocad can not find of xrefs. First of all. You need to make sure that your xrefs link are in place and work well. One way to make sure by etransmit your dwg out first. etransmit it out somewhere on your hard drive. Then open dwg file that you etransmit it out. If your dwg don't have any problem with xrefs link you should can blind your dwg out. If you missing some xrefs link. You have to fix your xref link first.
3d Architect render service

http://gizmeau3d.multiply
deatonswc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jul.2009 at 20:10
I'm using AutoCAD l t 2009. I have zoomed ex. which is also regenall. Still no results. The path to the Xref is on my hard drive & secure. I'm really at a loss.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic