CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 17125
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSome entities won't plot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BigRed View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2011
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some entities won't plot
    Posted: 04.Mar.2010 at 17:24

I am using AutoCAD 2004.  When I attempt to plot two of my drawings, a large portion of the entities do not appear in the preview and they do not plot.  When I write of missing entities, I refer only to the plotting process.  The entities are there in model space and on the paper space layout.

The first drawing is a plan of a manufacturing facility showing the building and the equipment.  It is large.  Its current size is 31.2 MB.  It has over 1,000 layers (for which my predecessor is to blame).  The second drawing shows data access points in the plant as an overlay on an external reference of the first drawing.  This file is a "tiny" 1.1 MB.  File size, alone, would not seem to be the problem.

This problem is new.  Before two weeks ago, the drawings plotted normally.  I am unaware of any changes having been made.

The missing entities are on layers that are set to plot.

The problem seems to be independent of the destination.  The same entities are missing from the preview if I plot to an elderly HP DesignJet 430, a shiny, new HP ColorJet "all-in-one" machine, or either of two PDF makers (Adobe and Cute PDF).

Freezing some of the entities that do appear did not result in any of the "missing" entities appearing in the print preview.

I'm hoping that I'm not the first one on the planet to have this problem!

Big%20smile

Edited by BigRed - 04.Mar.2010 at 19:55
ilovecad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Mar.2010 at 16:17
Go Big Red
ilovecad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Mar.2010 at 16:18
as long as your talking about the Nebraska Cornhuskers

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic