CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10197
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPonds in LDD 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
surveytech1680 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ponds in LDD 2004
    Posted: 31.Dec.2007 at 03:53
Hey guys, I've been having a problem defining and shaping a pond using Autodesk land Development Desktop/Civil Design, and I've been looking for some help. This forum seems to have some knowledgable people and I was hoping to get some advice. Let me describe my problem:

I have a wetpond on a sloping site, the wetpond is kidney shaped and will have a permanent water surface @ elev=92.5 The top berm of the pond is 98.0, and the bottom is 87.0

The pond is huge, mostly to provide fill for the sitework, but anyway, the side slopes are 5:1 with benches every 4' of depth. the benches are 6' wide and are sloped 0.01666667

The side slopes run from elev 98.0 to elev 94.1 @ 5:1 then a 6' bench to 94.0 then 5:1 to elev 90.1 then a 6' bench to 90.0 and then 5:1 to the bottom of the pond @ elev 87.0

I've used the Grading/Pond commands in Civil Design to define a pond perimeter, set the side slopes and benches, the top elev and bottom elev. When I run the pond design, all works out perfect until the bottom bench. After the bottom bench, for some unknown reason, it changes my side slope from a 5:1 to the bottom at 87.0 to a 2:1 to the bottom at 87.0 - SO: I am ending up with a pond that drops 4' in elevation after the bottom bench at too great of a slope. I've rerun the pond several times and each time I end up with the weirdness at the bottom. It's driving me crazy,and I'd really appreciate any help... I've been through the help files a dozen times and I can't find a solution. Thanks.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic