CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 1475
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCursor updating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RémyDF View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cursor updating
    Posted: 18.Jun.2010 at 17:26
Hello guys !

I've a programming problem, that i try to solve without success, using the AutoCAD 2011 SDK and .NET programming.

I'm programming an auto-loading .dll .NET plugin standardized for AutoCAD 2011 and derivate soft. The main objective (for information) is to made direct geometric view operation (like translation and rotation) with shortcut or mouse mouvement. So I use the SDK functions (mainly orbit(), roll(), setView() etc...). Note that functions manipulating and changing space view are not that numerous... But that's not the point...

So : all this work without problem APPART of a weird thing... After geometric transformation and manipulation of the space view (in model space), the mouse cursor is not update...
I've try with update() functions, but it seems like nothing can made, in fact, updating the mouse cursor (only the scene, the view, the database etc..but not the cursor).

So, because after transformation, the cursor is not update with the view, for example, when i made a translation (say, 10 units to the X scene axis)
the view move 10 units in this direction, so does my cursor (visually). But not "in memory". So, imaginating that we want to draw a cube just after the translation, selecting the cube icon and clicking for the first coordinate of the cube and then the bug... When we actually click where the first coordinate should be, the first coordinate is draw at the coordinate where the cursor was previously, before the translation was made.

I'm not sure if, with all what i tell it's clear. It's look like the cursor didn't care that the view had changed nor that where we click is actually definitively where we was before".

The SDK don't give us a cursor class or something like that could help with such consideration...
So i'm with that with no solution...

Did some of you already encounter this cursor updating problem ? If you know how to made the cursor "following" the view and other materials updating, preventing those bug...

Thank you for your support.

Rémy D-F
RémyDF View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05.Jul.2010 at 00:19
up ?...

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic