CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6239
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD 2007 problem - BIG circles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lamplighter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD 2007 problem - BIG circles
    Posted: 09.Aug.2007 at 10:30
Hi there

Assistance would be gratefully appreciated!!

I'm working in AutoCAD2007 with a layout drawing for a construction site.  The drawing consists of a hierarchy of external reference files, and in total is around 35MB.

I have a problem that in some areas small circles as part of an external reference appear in the main drawing much larger than they should be, both on screen and when plotted.

I have previously googled and found this problem described elsewhere, but without a prescribed remedy!  The drawing is in milimetres scale for around 50Ha land, so it could be rounding errors for very large numbers describing circle parameters far offset from the origin.

I have tried to move the WCS in the main drawing (by selecting All and moving the would-be origin to 0,0), however the display order of the xrefs becomes jumbled and I admitted defeat at trying to resolve it.

Any advice would be gratefully received, as the problem makes the drawings look unprofessional!!

Thanks
Marcus (Lamplighter)
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Aug.2007 at 20:26
You should find the entity type of these circles (by opening the xref directly)  - they are probably POINTs or block INSERTs. Scaling or PDSIZE can be the problem.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
papus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Aug.2007 at 02:35

try to purgue or use celtscale to redraw that circles or another key is try to turn off some layers... 

Lamplighter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Aug.2007 at 10:17
Vladimir, Papus

Thanks both very much for the replies.  The circles appear as different sizes every time I modify an xref (even by drawing then deleting a line), so for sure it is a calculation problem in AutoCAD.

I followed your suggestions.  The system variable PDSIZE I discovered to be set as -2.0 - I changed it to 0.0 and the problem still existed, however when I changed this to +2.0 the problem disappeared!!  Smile

I'm not sure exactly why this is so, but I'm happy nevertheless!!

Many thanks again.

Marcus

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic