CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8306
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFatal Error: AutoCAD LT 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chris555 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD LT 2006
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal Error: AutoCAD LT 2006
    Posted: 08.Sep.2010 at 20:06

After opening a dwg AutoCAD will completely shutdown for no apparent reason. I will get an error such as "FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x7e5116e8 Exception at 1262072h". I have tried to un-install and reinstall AutoCAD (also deleted the Autodesk registry subkeys), but I still get the same error. I contacted AutoDesk tech support but they said they no longer support 2006. I have also contacted our network administrator to see if this could be related to any Microsoft updates, but have not got a response back yet. I don't use AutoCAD everyday so I am not exactly sure when the errors would have started. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I hate to just trash this software and purchase 2011 if there is a fix. Thanks for any help with this.

Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Sep.2010 at 20:28
When did this start happening?

Does this happen when opening all drawings or just certain ones?

What operating system are you running? 2006 is not fully compatible with Vista or Windows 7.
Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/
Chris555 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Sep.2010 at 20:48
I first noticed this last week, but since I don't use AutoCAD everyday I am not sure of an exact date. It appears to happen with all drawings, some are locally on the computer and some are on a file server. It did allow me to create and save a new drawing, but when I reopened that drawing it shutdown with the Fatal Error again. My OS is XP Pro SP-3.
Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Sep.2010 at 21:15
Do have the 2006 service pack installed?

Have you installed any new software lately. A new program could be causing conflicts. Microsoft updates can also sometimes cause problems. I recently had to completely uninstall all Autodesk programs and then re-install everything after installing Microsoft updates.

Here are the instructions for performing a clean install: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/
Chris555 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Sep.2010 at 21:37
I do have SP-1 for AutoCAD 2006 LT installed. I have not installed any new software latley, but our network administrator did update our antivirus software (McAfee) the other week. I will try doing the complete un-install and reinstall. Thanks for the tips

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic