CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6071
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTED: Tom Chatfield: 7 Ways Games Reward The Brain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: TED: Tom Chatfield: 7 Ways Games Reward The Brain
    Posted: 04.Nov.2010 at 04:00

I have told you many times that I am fan of TED. Here is a lecture from the most recent email I received from TED:

From the lecture, the 7 ways are:

1. Experience bars measuring progress
  2. Multiple long-term and short-term aims
  3. Rewards for effort
  4. Rapid, clear, frequent feedback
  5. An element of uncertainty
  6. Windows of enhanced attention
  7. Other people!

After watching this presentation, I asked myself "How does the Autodesk Labs technology preview process compare to playing a video game?"

1. Experience bars measuring progress
    This one might not apply to the Labs technology preview process. Each technology preview is different, and there is not one "end game" conclusion that all Autodesk Labs visitors are striving to achieve.

2. Multiple long-term and short-term aims
    Technology previews have long term goals like possible inclusion into the next release of AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, 3DS Max, etc. and short term goals like improvements for the next update of the technology preview itself.

3. Rewards for effort
    This is one where I could use your insight. Though the long term reward is a technology that is honed to meet your needs when it eventually gets incorporated into a shipping application, what could Autodesk Labs do to reward people for their hours of evaluating technology previews and providing feedback?

4. Rapid, clear, frequent feedback
    When you take the time to email us, post to the discussion forum, or post a comment on a blog, not only do technology preview team members read it, but you get a response as quickly as we can provide one.

5. An element of uncertainty
    Technology previews are not guaranteed to become part of shipping products. Based on your level of participation and feedback, some like the Piping Design Technology Preview or visual search end when the technology preview ends.

6. Windows of enhanced attention
    Although technology previews are available on the Labs site for extended durations, there are periods of time where activity is more intense such as when contests are held or updates to the technology preview are posted.

7. Other people!
    By participating in the Autodesk Labs discussion forums, you can post your own feedback as well as read about the experiences of others, and see how your results compare.

Thinking about how to make work be more like play is alive in the lab.

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic