CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6956
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedlandscape autocad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jadachd View Drop Down

Using: autocad 2007
Direct Link To This Post Topic: landscape autocad
    Posted: 10.Nov.2010 at 19:47
Is there anyway to landscape using autocad 2007?? We draw residential houses and i put clouds, trees, and grass around the elevation but it doesn't really look great. We only do 2D stuff. We just don't charge enough to take the time to do 3D elevations.
OR is there a good program I could use to do this?. A program that allows you to import DWG files and then color the elevations or put realistic landscaping on. Something that looks good and not cartoonish.
Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Nov.2010 at 21:30
I use Photoshop. The level of detail, and whether it looks "cartoonish" or not, just depends on the amount of time and effort you're willing to put into working on the image.

But if you're wanting to do really photorealistic images, then you should probably think about getting into 3D.
Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/
jadachd View Drop Down

Using: autocad 2007
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Nov.2010 at 22:32

So you take a dwg and put it on photoshop??? Or do you convert it to something else first??

Does that allow you to color the brick and shingles???

Is this something you do??? If so, about how long does it take to do one.
All i need is to take my front elevation, place some realistic looking trees to the sides and maybe some bushes and grass in front. Maybe throw in some shadows from the trees.
Just trying to find the easiest way to do it and a good program to use.

Thanks for your response.  I will look into photoshop.
Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Nov.2010 at 00:06
No, you can't put a dwg in Photoshop. I export to .eps format from Autocad and then I open the .eps file in Photoshop.

Here's a tutorial about the process: http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/autocad-to-photoshop.php

Yes, this is something that I do. The time it takes depends on the complexity of detail and how realistic I want it to look. It can take anywhere from a few hours to an entire day. It just depends on how good I want it to look and what my deadline is.

Something as simple as what you described shouldn't take more than an hour to do.
Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic