CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7362
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGeneral CAD questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ukStudent View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: General CAD questions
    Posted: 03.Mar.2008 at 19:36
Basically just found that in a weeks time we will be studying CAD at college as part of my motorsport course, so would like to do a bit of research into it instead of turning up to my first lesson and not knowing anything.

This is what i would like to know:

The main features of CAD and its uses in modern motorsport.

The advantages and disadvantages of CAD when compared to manual drafting methods.

cheers, Daave

Edited by ukStudent - 03.Mar.2008 at 19:43
drawsalot View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Mar.2008 at 17:52
Dave I do not know much about motorsports however I do know a bit about cad. More specifically using cad for drawing and engineering. Cad is a great program, but it is a huge program. Cad has the ability to be customized to your drawing needs in what ever field you are in. It is great for precision and editing for engineering purposes. It will save you a lot of time drawing compared to manual drafting. That is once you get a hang of drawing on the computer. The biggest challenge is finding your work style and work process to be really proficient at it. Like I said it is great for straight line drawing and engineering. With that said, the biggest down fall drawing on the computer is the lack there of a sense of scale. It is easy to draw something in real scale by sketching it but it is difficult to determine scale on the screen without having a reference of some sort. So for example" if your are drawing a motor bike draw an average person standing next to it to scale and reference. Also it is difficult to draw suttle curves and fluid shapes with curves. It is not impossible. It takes a lot of time and experiance to do so. Hop emy rambling helps.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic