CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6085
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReplace normal blocks with DYNAMIC blocks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
germanbarry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD 2011
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replace normal blocks with DYNAMIC blocks?
    Posted: 27.Jun.2011 at 15:36
hi again!
I have an xref with 300 blocks in it... 200 are blocks named "KS 1_3" and 100 are named "KS_1_2"
these two block types are regular blocks (two rectangles, one inside the other, and two polylines making a cross through it, to represent a Cable box), with the only difference being the size of the blocks themselves (the KS 1_3 block is a bit bigger/is a larger

i have created two dynamic blocks which i want to REPLACE these 300 blocks with. The dblocks i have created have annotatable text (box reference number) and the box itself can be independently rotated so the text is always upright.

I know how to replace blocks for blocks but I need to be able to replace blocks for DYNAMIC BLOCKS and have their names updated at the same time.

(the only method i know for block replacement is explained here:
http://www.dailyautocad.com/2007/10/replacing-block-in-drawing-with-another_15.html and as you can see, the block name doesnt change, nor does it work for dynamic blocks)

any insight for a struggling engineer?

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic