CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9202
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAdding Express Tools as a Ribbon Tab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dan Anderson View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2002. 2007LT, 2009
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Express Tools as a Ribbon Tab
    Posted: 21.Jul.2011 at 19:56
Hello everybody.  I found this forum in a search regarding Express Tools, asked a question, and got a quick and helpful response.  So I am going to keep going.

I found and downloaded a routine here that was supposed to add Express Tools as a ribbon tab to ACAD 2009.  I did get the tools to load as a menu, but not a ribbon tab.  I am trying to stay with the ribbons, as I am just moving from ACAD 2007LT, and I like the way that they work, for the most part.  I followed all of the instructions at that download several times, but it never came up as a ribbon.  Even rebooted ACAD.  Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan Anderson
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Jul.2011 at 12:51
What routine are you talking about?
It seems to be you would have to create a new Panel and add the appropriate command buttons that would initiate each Express Tools command.  All of this would be covered in the Customization Guide.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Jul.2011 at 01:50
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

What routine are you talking about?
It seems to be you would have to create a new Panel and add the appropriate command buttons that would initiate each Express Tools command.  All of this would be covered in the Customization Guide.

I am not disagreeing with you, as it seems all of those requirements are logical; but the download is labeled "Ribbon CUI for AutoCAD Express Tools 2009 (by GTVic)".

I found the routine I downloaded from this site at http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/download.asp?file=express+tools&sort=

I went to the download page, picked on 'AutoCAD' under "AutoDesk - free"; and then did a search for 'Express Tools'.  I downloaded the file "acetmain.zip" from this page http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/dl_file.asp?ID=789

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Jul.2011 at 11:47
If you have Express Tools already on a dropdown menu won't that suffice? 
Express Tools does work doesn't it?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Jul.2011 at 18:33
Yes they do work, at least after running this routine.  And that is fine.  If I have to use the tools through a menu, its not a problem.

Its just that the routine claimed the tools could be added as a ribbon tab, so that is what I was trying to do.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Jul.2011 at 18:52
If I had a version of 2009 loaded up I'd give it a try myself but I'm running 2012.  Can't begin to imagine what might be wrong with the routine.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Cadman11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCad 2011
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Jul.2011 at 23:55
Jonh Connor!

You are indeed knowedlege on most Cad subjects and it is refresing to see some one like your self so willing to share the wealth with their fellow man/woman. However I deem you to be a bit arrogant and heavy handed or more appropriately heavey fingered in you zeal to share and help others.  Remember it is not just good enough to be kind, but for kindness to effect the greatest good you MUST also be gentle and tackful while still maintaining your confidence.  In that way you will come across as being warm and caring but still firm in you conviction that your view point is indeed one one of correct ways to excute a command or a particular process.  As you are well aware that there are at least (3) ways to complete any given task using the AutoCAD program.  With that being said John, keep up the good work because CAD users of the world need solid peeps like yourself to help people like me with bad memory..... Peace
Cadman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Jul.2011 at 11:43
Cadman:

I have no idea what prompted your response.  Gentle and tackful?  What's that all about?  I'm not about to go out and install 2009 to figure out Dan Anderson's problem.  Sorry but that's just the way it is.

Dan:  Have you sought help with the lisp routine from the originator?

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic