CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6070
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD 2011 not installing on Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
revengar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD 2011 not installing on Windows 7
    Posted: 16.Aug.2011 at 13:56
I am not able to install the 64 bit AutoCAD 2011 on the 64 bit Windows 7 Professional.  It is the 64 bit DVD, not the 32 bit DVD.  I keep getting the "can not load on this operating system" message.  I have turned off all anti-virus, run from "safe" mode, copied the dvd directly to the hard drive and run it from there, etc.Censored
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Aug.2011 at 18:36
The DVD is 64-bit and Windows 7 is 64-bit and you get the "cannot load on this operating system" error message?.  Begs the question...where did you get the DVD?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

revengar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Aug.2011 at 04:39
There are two seats purchased from Associated Software Sales in California.  Both 64 bit dvds give the same message.  I have seen some of the same type problems reported elsewhere, but there have been no solutions or answers.  Frustrating.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Aug.2011 at 12:02
May I ask what you paid for each seat of AutoCAD 2012?

Did you try calling the company and asking for assistance?

Have you tried contacting AutoDesk directly and asking for assistance?

I did some checking around and you won't like what I am about to tell you.

The Better Business Bureau gave them a grade of "F".  Someone on the AutoDesk Discussion Forums website says the company deals in questionable software and warns people to stay away from them.

I think you may have an illegal and possibly corrupted version of the program and that's why it is not loading. 

I looked up the company's website and portions of it just point to a telephone number to call.  I'm betting if you do call the number no one will pick up or it is discontinued.  If someone does answer I bet you'll get no satisfaction.

Edited by John Connor - 17.Aug.2011 at 14:32
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

revengar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Aug.2011 at 18:33
Sorry, but you bet wrong.  I got satisfaction with absolutly no hassles.  The number was called, a RMA issued, the problem software returned, a new set delivered and installed properly.  I already did my own checking on them before I bought software from them (multiple times) and no issues were ever found.  No complaints.  AutoDesk doesn't like this company or others like them, because AutoDesk lost a lawsuit brought against them from someone they were threatening with their lawyers about selling software, so naturally someone at an AutoDesk forum would speak ill advised about this company.  Have a good day.

Edited by revengar - 27.Aug.2011 at 18:33

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Aug.2011 at 21:24
Well I'm glad to hear that you fared so well.  Let's see what happens down the road shall we?  Good luck.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Aug.2011 at 09:33
You can get a list of U.S. Autodesk resellers at:

Any other company selling AutoCAD is most probably a "gray" sales channel.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic