CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 3697
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD Education version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Martinclerkin View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2010LT
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD Education version
    Posted: 14.Dec.2011 at 21:25
Hi,
I use AutoCAD LT on my works computer but also have full AutoCAD on my home iMac, as I'm also a mature student I get to use the education version which is a free download to students but has the disadvantage that you can't print any thing off without a large water mark appearing on the print, which is Ok for Uni stuff but I occasionally like to use my home computer with the big screen for ease when working from home.
Does anyone know of a work around to get rid of the watermark?
Oh and I'm not trying to buck the system, the watermark spoils the presentation of my university work, hence the request.
Martin
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Dec.2011 at 23:45
The university would expect to see the "educational banner" on drawings produced with an educational product wouldn't you think?  So what's the big deal?  Unless of course you are using the educational version to produce drawings for commercial gain (i.e. - money).  Now that I could understand would be a problem when handing over drawings to a client.

The solution to your problem involves the DXFOUT and DXFIN commands.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Martinclerkin View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2010LT
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Dec.2011 at 18:00
John,
No, no money involved, I have a full licensed copy on my Mac book, however I as said I do sometimes like to work on my main machine at home, once you've opened a file in the education version the water mark sticks, unless I'm doing it wrong!
Can understand why you may be cynical about my motives, but I don't have any hidden agenda's
Thank you for the pointer, I will investigate further.

Martin
jemesright View Drop Down

Using: jemesright
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Jan.2012 at 07:55
There is no way to circumvent the plot stamp on AutoCAD.This is designed to discourage the commercial use of educational version of an Autodesk product. Autodesk sells educational versions of software on the premise that the software will be used for educational purposes only. Big%20smileAngry
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Jan.2012 at 12:05
Well technically speaking there is a way to remove the banner one sees when a drawing is plotted from an educational product.  I do not disagree however with your statement as to why it is there in the first place.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic