CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6747
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNormal map question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rendermen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: 3ds max design
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Normal map question
    Posted: 28.Jan.2012 at 14:52

I am trying to get normal mapping figured out because I think it will enhance my material substantially. I am using Nvidia's Normal map plug-in in Photoshop.

I have created a normal map in Photoshop and now I am trying to add it in the bump channel and it does not seem to be changing anything. I have included a photo summery of where I am at. The upper rendering is with the bump unchecked and the bottom rendering is with the bump checked on at 30%. I have a diffuse bitmap of the tile at 100%. Thanks in advance for your help.

Renderman
chupalok View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: autocad 2012, 3dmax 2011,cs5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Feb.2012 at 14:41
TRY!!! IN DIFFUSE MAP CHANGE TARGA TO JPEG AND THE BUMP MATERIAL SLOT CHANGE ALSO IN JPEG....LET SEE WHAT HAPPEN YOUR OUTPUT.....BY THE WAY IM WORKING IN 3DMAX AS A VISUALIZER HERE IN DUBAI.....
long live "alpha kappa rho"

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic