CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 2260
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLarge files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dal007 View Drop Down

Using: Inventer 10/11/12
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Large files
    Posted: 17.Feb.2012 at 12:47
Hi all

I hope some one can help out

I am looking for a large file over 1000 parts or as near to it, as we are looking to get new computers at work and IT want to tell us what ones we can have i tell them one thing they tell me another i want a very high spec pc and they want to give me a pants one  if anyone knows of a link or could donate something to me i would be very gratefull

Thanks in advance

dal007
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Feb.2012 at 13:13
What are your specs?

What are the IT specs?

IT has no clue on what it takes to do your job so I commend you for pushing back.  Typically IT wants to give us some one-size-fits-all computer that for 99% of the people will work because all they do is push around documents.  CAD users are like gamers.  They need systems with some balls.  Save the toys for the secretaries and bean counters.  Give us what we need not what you think we need!

Wish I was a user of Inventor but I'm not.  What would be a typical large size file that you would work with?  The largest I've had to work with in AutoCAD was somewhere around 32MB (maybe a bit larger).

Heck, I've got a home system that would probably beat the pants off the computer your IT department wants to stick you with.  LOL
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic