CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6478
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMakerBot and Met Museum Puts Historic Artwork In Your Hands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BetweenTheLines View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: MakerBot and Met Museum Puts Historic Artwork In Your Hands
    Posted: 11.Jun.2012 at 18:20

Met MakerBot HackathonOur wildly creative 3D mad scientist friends at MakerBot recently gathered a group of artists and captured several objects in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City in a Hackathon event using Autodesk’s own 123D Catch which is free and available to use on your PC, your iPad or on the web. They were then able to create 3D prints from their MakerBot 3D printers as well they posted many on the Thingiverse for everyone to mod or print.

Another pseudo related MakerBot & 123D Catch post from the MakerBot blog:
For Your Next Trip To The Wax Museum â€œYour Fired!â€

Experimenting on what you can capture of the world around you using a standard digital camera or iPad is what all the fun and excitement is about. Give Autodesk 123D Catch a try along with the other great & free Autodesk 123D products like 123D, 123D Make, 123D Sculpt.

I wish I could have been at the event with Bre Pettis and the group but I was doing some research in the wilds of Kenya.

Cheers,
Shaan

(photo credit: MakerBot Flickr Photostream: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzLV8cq)

Go to the original post...

Between the Lines - Autodesk blog by Shaan Hurley

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic