CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6569
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTool Palette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ACAD76 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad2009
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool Palette
    Posted: 22.Aug.2012 at 21:18
Dear all,

I would kindly ask for your assistance please.
My computer has already been set-up in a way to incorporate tool palette with defined symbols, blocks etc.
I would like to add title blocks.
how can I do that?

Thanks
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Aug.2012 at 00:10
Create a new tool palette and populate it with your title blocks.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

heinsite View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Aug.2012 at 10:20
In order to save something to a Tool Palette you must be in a saved drawing.  So open a drawing that has the title block(s) in it you want on a Tool Palette... ideally this would be from one of your title block template drawings.

Open the Tool Palettes on your screen and right-click the Tool Palettes - All Palettes gray title bar.  Click on New Palette and name it.  Now select your title block, pause a second (you can't click and drag all in one step for this to work), and then click and drag the title block to your new palette.

On the palette itself you can right click the new icon and modify its properties.  You can name it, specify what layer it should go on, rotation, any number of things.

This should get you going.  From here spend a little time in the AutoCAD files reading about other aspects of using Tool Palettes.

Dave. 
Dave Hein, P.E.
Hawaii District Engineer
Kona International Airport
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Expert Elite
ACAD76 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Aug.2012 at 22:37
Dear all,

Your prompt feedback is greatly appreciated.
Please note the following...

My intention is to create autocad tool catalog with blocks of interest , put it in the folder referenced in Options/file tab/Tool Palettes file location/(link to the folder where Acad tool catalog is placed). In this way, Tool Palette will be populated with blocks of interest.
Do you agree?
The question is how to create Acad tool catalog from blocks in dwg format of interest.
Thanks
ACAD76 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Aug.2012 at 22:41
Thanks for your reply.

Any thoughts on the following...
I want to create ACAD Tool catalog (with blocks of interest) , put it in the folder and reference this folder in Tool Palettes file location. In this way, tool palette will be populated with blocks of interest.
Do you think this might work instead of pick&drop blocks in tool palette.

The question is how to create ACAD Tool catalog file with blocks in dwg format?

Thanks
heinsite View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Aug.2012 at 23:51
Let's say you already have all the blocks saved as either individual DWG files or combined by type in one single block file DWG somewhere.  As long as they've been saved on your system somewhere you can always load the file and drag and drop the blocks onto Tool Palette tabs organized as you like.

That's actually what I've done for myself.  I have one large file of standard blocks.  I simply load that and drag the blocks onto various tool palette tabs.  From there I can modify the block properties so they go in on the correct layers, etc.

Your individual blocks can be WBLOCK written out as individual DWG files, or saved in one large file.  The choice is yours.  But putting frequently used blocks on tool palettes is a tremendous time saver.

Dave.
Dave Hein, P.E.
Hawaii District Engineer
Kona International Airport
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Expert Elite

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic