CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5052
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedModel and Layout View

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
junaidbinnaseer View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model and Layout View
    Posted: 12.Dec.2012 at 19:39
The problem is in the setting of units and layout view.

My units are in mm. I have made a template specific for my use with layout view set to A1 size paper.  The model view is in scale of 1:1.  When I draw a rectangle of 830 X 560, it appears small in A1 size paper when my scale is set to 1:100.  I have to scale rectangle in model view 100 times to see it in A1 sheet. What is my mistake? How do you set a template in mm?

Edited by junaidbinnaseer - 12.Dec.2012 at 19:43
heinsite View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Dec.2012 at 03:43
What you need to do in the layout view is create a Viewport.  When you first do this it will include the entire model as if you had zoomed extents.  At this point you can select the viewport boundary to activate it and change its scale so that you can only see the part of the model you want.   Another way to do this is to double click inside the viewport, zoom to the area you want, and then exit.  *Then* check the viewport scale (it will probably be some 'custom' value) and using a little math change it to something even (1:20, 1:100, 1:1000, etc).

Once you have a viewport oriented and scaled the way you like it, LOCK it using the little yellow padlock.  This will allow you to re-enter the model thru the viewport and make changes, but will not move things around or mess up the scale you've set for it.

Dave.

Edited by heinsite - 13.Dec.2012 at 03:45
Dave Hein, P.E.
Hawaii District Engineer
Kona International Airport
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Expert Elite
ABUSAIF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: Autocad 2013
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Dec.2012 at 15:35
junaidbinnaseer,check your plot scale in the page setup manager, make sure its MM not M, quick way to check your drawing is to open a DWT from Cad default Template, file/new/Tutorial-mArch.dwt. the units are set to MM, then insert your title block in paperspace.
Dead

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic