CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7621
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStuck in 3d view

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danko358 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuck in 3d view
    Posted: 29.Aug.2013 at 00:50
Hi!
I'm quite desperate. I have a problem with one of my drawings. It is stuck in 3d view. And I want to change it to 2d. The viewcube is showing (it is set off when in 2d view). What is the most frustrating is that I found the solution couple of months ago, but I forgot it. I think the commad was something with word 'space'. I've tried everything (command 'plan', command 'vscurrent') but nothing works.
Please help.

Edited by danko358 - 29.Aug.2013 at 00:51
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Aug.2013 at 07:00
Hellol danko358, if you are in the paper space ( layout ) and you want to modify your view with your viewport open then you will have to unlock it.
If it's an other thing I'm interested because I've never heard of a thing like this before!
danko358 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Aug.2013 at 09:34
Hi. No I'm not in paper space. I'm in model space. I've found several people with the same problem on various forums, but no one was able to help them. They all advise 'vscurrent' (2d wireframe) and 'plan' command, but that doesn't help. These commands get us in top-down view that we want, and everything looks fine but the viewcube is still there (although it's turned off for 2d view). And that isn't a 'global' problem, it only happens on two of my drawings. So I think something is set wrong on these drawings. Again thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Sep.2013 at 15:14
Upload a copy of the offending drawing so we can have a first hand look at it ourselves.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

heinsite View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Sep.2013 at 09:55
If you only want the NavCube turned off just make NAVVCUBEDISPLAY=0.  This variable is saved with the drawing... not in the Registry.

Dave
Dave Hein, P.E.
Hawaii District Engineer
Kona International Airport
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Expert Elite
danko358 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05.Sep.2013 at 09:53

Thanks Dave, the NAVVCUBEDISPLAY command is set on "3". But "3" is also my blank drawing (default) setting (and the view cube doesn't appear then) so I don't think that's the problem. I've made a "wblock" of a segment of my problematic drawing. Keep in mind that on the problematic drawing the VSCURRENT is set on "2dwireframe" and whan I do a "wblock" and open it, VSCURRENT is set on "current", clearly not 2d (ucs icon is weird, 3d) and the viewcube is also displayed.

Edited by danko358 - 05.Sep.2013 at 13:43
heinsite View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05.Sep.2013 at 10:10
Normally the navcube will display if NAVVCUBEDISPLAY=3.  I honestly can't tell you why yours would be off if that's the setting.  But it is stored with the drawing (or template) in any case.

You may need to have more postings in order to make uploads work.  I'm not sure what the limit is.  Yours here didn't make it for some reason... either because of user restrictions or possibly something you did.

Dave
Dave Hein, P.E.
Hawaii District Engineer
Kona International Airport
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Expert Elite
danko358 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05.Sep.2013 at 10:26
Maybe the viewcube is turned off in my case bacause I set it off in tools - options - 3d modeling - (uncheck) 2d wireframe visual style. So whatever is stored in drawing if the drawing is in 2d wireframe visual style it won't show the viewcube. But that's just my guess.
I reuploaded my file.

Edited by danko358 - 05.Sep.2013 at 13:43
John_victor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2013
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Oct.2013 at 15:46
This is very vague. If your AutoCAD got stuck and not responding? You may try "Task Manager" and "Switch to" if the program is hung. If you want to convert the 3D to 2D, you can try "Flatten".
Quick 2D to 3D conversion services from
IndiaCADworks
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Oct.2013 at 15:13
Does
UCS [+ Enter for <World> default]
followed by
PLAN [+ Enter for <Current> default]
not work?

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply