CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10889
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedquestion about inserting blocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
drailed77 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014 and down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about inserting blocks
    Posted: 05.Sep.2013 at 15:39
Where I used to work we had a macro/lisp that would adjust the block size based on the snap or ltscale.  

Now where I am working I don't have that anymore, and I didn't get the code before I left.  Kinda last minute notice that I was being laid off.  

Wwhere I am working at now I only have AutoCAD 2014 LT.  Which works but I am unable to load lisp files unless I add another program and violate the company polices along with the cad policies.  so what I am looking for is a Macro that I can use that will do the above mentioned.  

Needing something like this.
A code that will insert a block, set a variable to the snap setting or ltscale , give that a multiplier depending on the setting, and then apply that to the scale factor of the block when inserting.

can't think outside the box if the never let me out of it.
heinsite View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Sep.2013 at 07:52
You don't have access to LISP in AutoCAD LT, so you're going to need a work-around.  One I would suggest is putting your key blocks on Tool Palettes.  Once there you can always modify their properties to adjust the insertion scale for the particular drawing you're working in.  And if you frequently use the same scales you might not even have to adjust them very often.

Dave.
Dave Hein, P.E.
Hawaii District Engineer
Kona International Airport
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Expert Elite
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Sep.2013 at 12:56
Macros and diesel macros for LT can be found at a couple of websites one of which is LTUnlimited and the other is Cadding&Coding.  Your other option would be to teach yourself how to write a macro.  Instructions can be found online as well.  I know Ralph Grabowski published a short tutorial about the subject.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic