Does any one know how to export points (x,y,z) coordinates to a csv. In the order that they were selected???? Sos
First post on this excellent site..!
I do not export points on a regular basis, but use the following method when required:
1. Select the points in order, using the "Locate Point" command.
2. Expand and Select all of the text output from the Text window
Command: '_id Specify point: X = 1096 Y = 482 Z = 0Command: '_id Specify point: X = 1185 Y = 1019 Z = 0
3. Select & Copy the text and paste it into "Notepad" or other text editor.
4. Save As "CSV.txt"
5. Open Excel
6. Open "All Files(*.*)" CSV.txt
7. When prompted, Select option "Delimited", tick "Space" option
This breaks the text into separate columns - otherwise whole line will go into one cell
8. Delete the columns that are not required.
9. Edit/Save the Excel file as required.
Hope this helps.
Edit: I have just written a short VBA macro that does this directly:
The filename can be CSV or TXT. Output is comma delimited and can be viewed in a text editor or best in Excel.