CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 17280
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMock exam in College-Need a little help please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Bobdob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: About to learn
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mock exam in College-Need a little help please?
    Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 08:27
Hi there,
I am coming towards the end of my first year of an AutoCAD course at night school and have been given a mock exam which is, apparently, very similar to the end of year online exam. Please can I ask for some help. The mock exam is in two parts, I have posted the links to the first exercise, below, and was hoping that someone could please either post a video or some screenshots on how to complete it. I wouldn't ask if I wasn't struggling slightly.

Thank you for any help, I do appreciate this.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/EXAMA.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/EXAMB.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/EXAMC.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/EXAMD.jpg
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 11:39
You been in an AutoCAD class for a year and you are having trouble figuring out how to draw a screwdriver and a screw in 2D and only a single view of each?  I'm finding that difficult to believe.  The screwdriver is basically arcs and lines.

For starters I would begin at the tip of the screwdriver.

Post an image of what you have done so far. 

Edited by John Connor - 15.Mar.2014 at 11:58
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Bobdob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 11:49
Hi JC,
When I say a 'year', I mean a 'college' year, which is 2 hours per week since late September.
I will post what I have done so far....

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 12:04
At the end of one 4 hour class we had basically the same assignment.  At the end of 12 weeks of classes, 4 hours per night/2 nights per week, we had to do a completely dimensioned drawing of a complex machine part that included a top, front, side and isometric view.  Now that is what I would call a fairly good final exam.

The screwdriver pictured should take no more than 15 minutes to draw and that is while drinking a cup of coffee at the same time.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 12:08

A quick sketch.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 12:15
Like I said before start at the tip of the screwdriver and work your way up.  Just rough it out first.  You can go back and take care of the chamfer and a couple of the fillets afterwards.  For the top of the screwdriver use the circle command and don't forget the TTR (tan-tan-radius) option.  No dimension is given for the flat across the top so use whatever you think looks best.

There is a post on page 2 that catches the error and shows a solution.

Edited by John Connor - 15.Mar.2014 at 14:19

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 12:29

A rough sketch of the screw should take no more than 5 minutes.
Start at the top and work your way down to the point at which the threads start.  JUmp to the very bottom and work your way up.  The basic shape of the thread is a rectangle so use the appropriate command to create one of the correct size, rotate it 20 degrees and array or copy it upwards. 

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Bobdob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 12:32
Thank you JC, yes I know it is simple but as I mentioned it is only part of the exam and, you're right, I think they give 30 minutes for this first part. The second part is more complicated and I think they give 2 hours for that. The problem on our course is that we have many people and one tutor and is very hard to get help/advice.

Just a point, I can't post it right at this moment but a problem I am having is that I am getting the head/handle of the screwdriver like you do (The R15 and the 22 Diameter) but, like you, the drawing is not the same as the exercise. Can you see what I mean?

PS- I went on the bike yesterday and made a vid for you.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 12:32

The tip of the screwdriver and the screw.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Bobdob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Mar.2014 at 12:33
PS- That is so very helpful, the screw had been giving me problems regarding using the 2- degrees.

PPS- I realise it may be frustrating but I can't help the level of progress on our course.  :0( 

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic