CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10732
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedpaintbrush tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
praktikantin View Drop Down

Using: autocad lt 2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: paintbrush tool
    Posted: 07.Oct.2014 at 11:25
hello everyone, im new in this forum and pretty new to autocad too..

current situation: im swiss and i started my internship in an office here in switzerland. the boss is american and he originally started his office in america and he "kept" one of his employees there. so now an other intern and i are working with autocad lt 2015 and the guy in the us works with autocad 2000. we have to switch files and i think that causes some of our problems we have:

The biggest problem right now is the paintbrush tool:
For example if we copy a poché/hatchure from one file into an other and then want to use the paintbrush tool to apply the correct attributes to a plan it barely ever looks like the original hatchure. the hatchure-type is mostly correct but its scaling changes in a way we dont understand at all.
Also, if we set up a dashed line according to one of the employees standards and we would like to apply every attribute of that new line to some existing ones in a plan, that paintbrush tool seems to do whatever it feels like.

Right now we are setting up a new office standard and if we want to make to plans look according to that new standard we need to use that tool. is there a way to control that? we seem to have problems each time the american employee has worked on a plan and we have to continue. we also tried to tick/untick several options within the paintbrush tool (lineweight, layer etc) but nothing seems to work the way we want it to. i would be very grateful if anyone could help me with an advice.

thanks in advance!
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Oct.2014 at 11:45
I believe it's the Match Properties tool you are referring to isn't that right?

Does the American use the same default template file that you do?  Does he also use the same linetypes?

Is there any talk of upgrading the American from AutoCAD 2000 to AutoCAD 2015 so as to avoid having to do a "saveas" every time you exchange drawings with him?

Edited by John Connor - 07.Oct.2014 at 12:34
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Oct.2014 at 13:48
yes thats the tool i meant. i guess theres some talking to do now with my boss and the american employee. thank you very much for your advice!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Oct.2014 at 14:10
Sure...but you did not answer even one of my questions.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Oct.2014 at 14:47
i didnt answer the questions because i dont know the answers yet. the american employee wont be in his office until in about half an hour. the other intern and i never used any template we just opened the plans the american had worked on and all the scale-settings are imperial.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Oct.2014 at 14:56
That's part of the answer right there.

Are you and the other intern converting the drawings to metric then back again for the American?

Are you and the other intern using the exact same linetypes as the American?

Are you copying content from a drawing done in metric units and trying to use it in a drawing based upon imperial units?

Edited by John Connor - 07.Oct.2014 at 14:58

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic