CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 12892
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedto cover on the solid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ejder View Drop Down

Using: autoCAD2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: to cover on the solid
    Posted: 28.Mar.2015 at 18:37
Hi everybody,i'm from France and i'm new in the forum , this is why i'm sorry for the grammar :) i have a problem, i cant differentiate the surface for cover the different material.you will see in the picture what i uploaded i want to cover the palces green of the differents materials but when i cover for the solid it cover all of the palce ..what i have to do please ? thank you

carpediem
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Mar.2015 at 19:40
Hello ejder, maybe I will say something stupid but I see that you have succeded in applying materials to all that stuff, was if you just separate the different solids to be rendered so that you could apply different materials.
I suppose that the big room will be covered with stone and the other rooms with wood.

Warning : if you use the french release, the french commands SECTION ( _SLICE or SLICE ) and COUPE ( _SECTION or SECTION ) will give the exact contrary of what it's supose to do.
SECTION will cut the solids in 2 parts with the option to keep the 2 parts or delete one of the two.
COUPE will create a REGION at the place of the COUPE without deleting anything.
In your case I would separate the different solids with the command SECTION.
In any case do it on a copy of the original solids in the same file.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 28.Mar.2015 at 19:54
ejder View Drop Down

Using: autoCAD2013
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Mar.2015 at 21:19
Thak you very much Philippe  :) thanks to you i finally succeded .i used the commend slice and i distinguished the rooms now i can work on the differents solids et merci beaucoup :)

Edited by ejder - 28.Mar.2015 at 21:20
carpediem

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic