CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9336
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProblem with ACAD 3d model

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
mmaurigi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD 2009
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Sep.2015 at 19:54
I recreated the pump in a completely new file. Inserted it into the main model and it seams fine. Interesting thing. The file size of the new pump file is only 880 KB as compared to the original 4,200 KB.

Thank you for your help!
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Sep.2015 at 20:05
As it turns out I just discovered that if I subtracted out the corrupted 3D geometry that the pump would display no matter how far in or out I was zoomed and no matter the visual style.

You really ought to be more careful when creating your 3D objects as inconsistencies like the one seen in your pump can cause no end of trouble and frustration.

As regards the file size of the new 3D pump compared to the original I see that I was on the right track all along.  The pump isn't all that complicated and the fact that one pump was 1/5th the file size of the drawing you were inserting it in made me suspicious.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic