CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7004
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutocad A3 and A4 Drawing Templates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moley DG View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2012
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autocad A3 and A4 Drawing Templates
    Posted: 03.Feb.2016 at 20:40
Hi,
New to setting up autcad and new to this forum - hope I can get simple help !  I need to set up A3 and A4 drawing templates, drawing railings, gates etc 1 to 1. Will edit the templates to suit my business, but a starter would be great. Also, any advice on printer set ups would be welcome...eg, do I have the drg details in 'model space' and the frame in'paper space'? Maybe there is a simple general guide for real plonkers that I can refer to? I'm not bad at doing simpledrafting, but setting drgs up is new to me.
Thanks!!!!
Moley DG
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Feb.2016 at 23:46
I have access to a series of metric templates that are in a zip file.  All I need is an email.

Everything you draw should be created in model space at FULL size no matter how small (i.e. - postage stamp) or how large (i.e. - Buckingham Palace).  As for the frame, I assume you are talking about the title block and border, most users these days put that in a paper space layout and not in model space which leaves text and dimensions.  That's a coin toss.  Personally I think it is easier to put both in the layout but some will argue that one should be using annotative scaling.  Try both and decide for yourself.  It may all come down to what type of drawing(s) you're doing.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2016 at 07:27
uploads/175428/_PRO2012.dwg
Hello Molley DG, please find here an example, take a look at it and tell me ( us ) if that's what you need.
Eventually, take a look at the related Tip here under : Tip 6246 New drawing with template selection

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 04.Feb.2016 at 07:32
Moley DG View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2012
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2016 at 09:57
Thanks John....next question, how do I email you or send private message? I am an old school designer struggling with these fantastic, mental machines!
Moley DG
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2016 at 11:45
In your next post just type your email like the example below so it is not picked up by a bot.

m y e m a i l a d d y AT g m a i l DOT c o m

I'll send you an email with the zip file attached.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic