CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7148
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutocad 2017 .SHX file not recognized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Mar.2016 at 15:33
Well, what happened?  Were you still unable to upload the .SHX file or did you finally solve your problem?

I guess he finally solved in on his own.

Edited by John Connor - 29.Mar.2016 at 12:03
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Christy RD View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Mar.2016 at 16:46
I have not found a fix yet.  I realized that I still have 2016 installed so I've gone back to it until I can resolve the issue.  I am still looking for a fix and will post when/if I figure it out.

Any help is appreciated.

I cannot upload the .shx file to the forum, it is not an allowable option for attachments - maybe for newbies - I don't know.

It's the same file I linked you in a previous post.

I'm a lady. :-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Mar.2016 at 17:13
OK...since I now have installed 2017, just to troubleshoot your problem, I'll download that .SHX file and see if I can get it to work.  But first I'll try it in AutoCAD 15 which I am still using.

Christy = lady.  Got it.  Now don't go getting offended but I named my female chocolate lab Christie after some woman who's last name is Brinkley.  Cue theme from Twilight Zone.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Mar.2016 at 17:39
I got the font to work in both AutoCAD 2014, 2015 and 2017.  For proof re: 2017 I offer the following.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Mar.2016 at 17:41
And this is the path to the font.

Command: (findfile"archstyl.shx")
"C:\\Users\\John Connor\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad 2017\\r21.0\\enu\\support\\archstyl.shx"

When you invoke the STYLE command and view the list of available fonts it should be located between two TrueType fonts named Arabic Typesetting and Arial.

Am I forgiven for coming across as angry (I wasn't)?

Edited by John Connor - 29.Mar.2016 at 17:43

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31.Mar.2016 at 14:01
I guess Christy must have finally solved the problem on her own.  You go girl!  LoL

Now I can uninstall 2017.

Oh well, onward and upward.

Edited by John Connor - 31.Mar.2016 at 14:01

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Apr.2016 at 15:58
I don't get offended easily!  For some reason I was not getting notifications that there were replies to this post.  For some reason, after working in 16 for a week or so, I opened 17 and it was suddenly working.  I have no idea why, I had not changed anything but I'll take it!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Apr.2016 at 16:07
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

Am I forgiven for coming across as angry (I wasn't)?

I'm glad you were not angry but it came across that way.  Over the years, I was a member of several forums for AutoCAD & Jeeps, & SVT's.  People are always quick to jump on newbies assuming they have not searched for a solution before they posted a request for help.   I see that you are a seasoned poster yourself so I'm sure you have seen that many times yourself.

Anyway, I appreciate your time and your willingness to help.  Just remember, not everyone is an a$$! Big smile

Thanks again!

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic