CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7409
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedassemble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Topic: assemble
    Posted: 07.Jan.2018 at 10:16
On the other hand and if the centerlines of the two solids are perfectly parrallel you can use a simple MOVE from center to center.
I can see on the right side of the shaft a cylinder with an centerline offset that you will have eventually to ROTATE or ALIGN to place correctly.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 07.Jan.2018 at 10:19
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Jan.2018 at 23:47
The ALIGN command is what you are looking for.  A minimum of two source and destination points are required.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Jan.2018 at 19:59
Hello carlosban71, the way to place 3D solids and 2D objects ( like blocks for example ) is the same.
I would ALIGN them from center to center in that case.
In 3D you will indicate 3 "source" points and 3 "destination" points.
Do indicate the 2 first points along the center lines so that your solid is perfectly in the correct orientation ( I call this "doing the hinge" ), this is important because sometime you ALIGN object thinking it will be OK if done with only 2 points but the result will not be correct.
In any case take various viewpoints to verify the correctness.
I think that it would be interresting for you to find curses and/or tutorials on the internet.
Eventually you could take a look at my file : 3D SOLID 01.dwg that I have placed in the CAD/BIM Blocks library here in the site.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 06.Jan.2018 at 22:14
carlosban71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: Autocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Jan.2018 at 17:35
Good morning, consult I have 03 solids and I want to attach it or assemble it which command I use to align it and what would be the points to address them.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic