CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 4831
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD Electrical - How to create cables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jacob2018 View Drop Down

Using: Solidworks
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD Electrical - How to create cables
    Posted: 16.Jan.2018 at 05:08
I have a very simple drawing with 1 wire going from a component to another. The wire is supposed to represent an ethernet cable. I want to assign all the cable attributes such as colour, length, rating, connectors etc. However I don't know how to convert the wire to a cable.

I have looked through many tutorials and have followed the instructions on http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/AutoCAD-Electrical/files/GUID-4B04D7D3-102C-4B5D-95BD-4CA3FEC59E29-htm.html however when it says 'pick the insertion point' I assume it is talking about a wire. I click on a wire and nothing happens. I have looked for hours for a video on how to do this but have gotten no where.

Can someone please explain how I create a cable from a line/wire in a drawing, fill in the cable details/attributes and then export these? Please note, I have absolutely no experience with AutoCAD (8 years working with Solidworks)
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Jan.2018 at 11:46
What version of AutoCAD Electrical are you using?

It sounds like you are trying to convert a wire to a cable.  Is that correct?

Have you researched the use of Cable Markers?  To insert a cable marker you start the command, in the Insert Component dialog box, select Cable Marker.  Pick the insertion point for the cable then fill in the Insert/Edit Cable Marker dialog box then click the OK button.  Click the Close button if you are not adding any child markers.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic