CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 12848
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHELP! - PDF IMPORT NOT WORKING

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vjkissinger View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2016LT
Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! - PDF IMPORT NOT WORKING
    Posted: 07.Jun.2018 at 17:58
Vlad I agree, I never found a solution but your suggestion makes sense. Graphics like true type fonts, dim strings, etc all converted but the drawings themselves were apparently just pictures of what the drawings use to be, ie. rastered files previously imported into the original drawing. Thanks for your input..!!
Vince Kissinger
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Jun.2018 at 08:26
Your PDF file is probably a raster (not vector) file. Can you influence the method of creating the PDF file?
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
vjkissinger View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2016LT
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Jun.2018 at 17:50

I can no longer get the PDFIMPORT command to import anything other than texts and dim strings. The main body of the details - bricks, parapet walls, roof decks, coping, etc. no longer import. I'm sure Ive inadvertently changed a setting to have caused this but I cant seem to correct whatever Ive done. I have a looming dead line and need this corrected immediately. I'll name a child after you if anyone can respond SOON with a possible solution.

Please help on this one ..the original .dwg source files arent available so converting the bid set .pdf page back into a .dwg is my only option (and tracing over the .pdf underlay would take too long).

Thanks, Vince
Vince Kissinger

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic