CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7664
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy Doesn't the Netflix New Releases List Show All of the Popular New

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliveInTheLab View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Doesn't the Netflix New Releases List Show All of the Popular New
    Posted: 09.Jun.2018 at 21:30

I have had a Netflix account for so long that my account predates movie streaming. I continue to maintain a 3-disc plus streaming account to this day because Netflix does not stream all of its movies. I am not sure why. I hear that it costs Netflix more to stream a movie than to ship a Blu-ray disc. I am not sure why movie studios would charge Netflix more money for streaming. To me, the result is the same. The only difference is the delivery process. As a customer, I just want to watch the movie once.

So given that I have an account that still includes the shipment of discs, I wanted to add some new movies to my DVD queue. When I browsed new DVD titles, I saw (when sorted by popularity):

Popular

If I browsed the list of new releases and sorted by newest, I saw:

Newest

Just for fun, I went to the Redbox site and looked at their new and popular releases. Here is what I saw:

Redbox

I saw movies that I would actually like to rent:

• Red Sparrow
  • Game Night
  • Black Panther

My question is "Why don't these titles show up when browsing new releases on Netflix?" I was able to look these titles up individually and add them to my queue, so it's not like Netflix doesn't offer these movies – it's just that they don't show up when browsing new releases. For example, I added Red Sparrow to my queue:

In_queue

So does anyone have any ideas? Is Netflix trying to hide their newest releases to avoid having all of their customers request the same disc shipments at the same time? Inquiring minds want to know. As a paying Netflix customer, why do I have to visit the Redbox site to get a reliable list of the latest and most popular movie rentals?

The movie rental process is alive in the lab.

Go to the original post...

It's Alive in ihe Lab - Autodesk Labs blog by Scott Sheppard

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic