CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 15046
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEllipses with Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Sep.2018 at 20:09
OK kent you have done an incredible job !
If I understand your first question about the way to find the right 3D view giving the desired angles I was about to give a try by aproximate ( and numerous ) tests with the command viewpoint "From the X Axis" and "From the XY Plane" angles.
Anyway I will have to read and read again your explanations to do my tests, thanks again.
And the dimensions noted 50 on your first image ( maybe taken and modified from my AutoCAD file ) will have to change conformably to the Figure 11.47 given firstly by Dery.
I have noticed the arrival of your new AutoCAD file in the CAD/BIM Blocks and will take a good look at it tomorrow.
dery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Sep.2018 at 23:56
So, is there any step-by-step explanation with some images?

I still don't understand what you're talking about. Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2018 at 07:44
Hello Dery and Kent, the subject is re-drawing your 3 figures 11.47.
I don't know how to determine the 3 lengthes of the cube in 2D so I'm trying to do it in 3D with the command viewpoint and then flatshot it to get the 3 different lengthes and the 3 didfferent ellipses ( with angle ).
Then it will be possible to determine the angles of the 3 ellipses if I suceed in doing it because any change in the preset "from X axis" + " from XY plane " change the 2 angles.
SEANT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: AutoCAD 2016
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2018 at 07:53
Here is a spreadsheet that helps create a view of a 3d object with specified angles off a baseline.  I noticed that the VPOINT command does not allow for a particularly tight tolerance.  The spreadsheet also sets up a vector to be used with the more capable DVIEW command.  "Copy" the excel data within the border, Invoke the "POints" sub option of DVIEW command, then paste to the command line.

The Excel File is here at Autodesk 360:

I've uploaded the DWG in this image into this sites Blocks area.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Sep.2018 at 07:13
Hello Seant, I have seen at a first glance the arrival of your AutoCAD file in the CAD/BOM Blocks.
Thanks a lot, can you explain eventually your method to set the viewpoint correctly ?
SEANT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Sep.2018 at 07:53
As soon as my original message gets past "Pending Approval", I think all will become clear.Smilel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Sep.2018 at 08:02
Hello Seant, thanks again, unfortunatly I'm not understanding your "Pending Approval" but it's like this.

Dery and Kent, I have uploaded a new file : ELLIPSES WITH DEGREE-01.dwg based on Seant's 3D AutoCAD file that are giving the real values of the famous angles 25° , 25° and 55°.
At first I did set "manually" my 3D viewpoint with the values of Seant's file but it was not perfect Alpha 9.979...£ and Beta 40.009...£ so I simply copy/paste Seant's viewport into my own file and it was 100% OK.

Seant, so I presume that the settings "from X axis and from XY plane" are not set manually but informatically..........

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 14.Sep.2018 at 08:04
SEANT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Sep.2018 at 08:03
Though, it has been in the "Pending Approval" state for over 24 hours. Maybe it has met with disapproval.  

It contains a link to an Excel file on my Autodesk 360 account.  Is there a preferred method of presenting non DWG files?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Sep.2018 at 08:09
Hello again Seant, I would be happy to have your explanation Excel file but I don't know how to get it so I won't have to stay poor , uggly and ignorant ( joke ).
SEANT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Sep.2018 at 08:11
Maybe give this a shot.  There has been a space added between every character.

h t t p s : / / a u t o d e . s k / 2 p 0 V E L Q

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic