CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 11181
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMeasurements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scottz View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Measurements
    Posted: 22.Nov.2019 at 07:37
I've been trying too get some measurements for a block of land to lay down 100 mm  conducts at 6 meters per length on auto cad 2020 and nothing seems too be working or i get stupid numbers as i would like too get accurate figures  I've changed some configurations in unites command changed it too decimal and also changed it too meters as this is starting to get very frustrating now when i can go on too google maps quickly get measurements. If anyone can help be really appreciate it or else have too pulling out measuring wheel again :)  
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Nov.2019 at 13:38
Let's start with a simple question.  Which drawing template file are you using? Is it acad.dwt or acadiso.dwt?  It should be the latter.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

scottz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Nov.2019 at 01:35
Hi john thanks its a PDF and the type of file is adrobe acrobat document 
opens with Adrobe Acrobat Reader in Properties  should i change this to 
AutoCad application or AutoCad DWG Launche?   
in drop down box in autocad i (open an existing drawing file) dwg if this 
helps you out scott
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Nov.2019 at 08:09
Hello scottz, if you want to work on your PDF file with AutoCAD I recommand to transform it to a real AutoCAD file with :
Anydwg.com for example, I hope that they still have a free version that will allow you 30 x 3 files before being obliged to buy it.
Do transfor 3 file a each time not to loose this oportunity.
The result that you will get is not 100% precise and you will have to work the file a lot by rotation all the text obtained with the properties pannel ( Ctrl+1 ), etc...
I recommand to copy/paste the result in a well setted file and not to use directly the file that you get.
The file directly obtained is in inches, not at scale 1/1, etc...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Nov.2019 at 13:48
You could open the PDF in AutoCAD using the PDFATTACH command.  Then off to one side of the image you could draw a line 100mm long.  Then using the SCALE command along with the REFERENCE option scale your pdf using the line you created as a reference.  This should get you fairly accurate results.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

scottz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Nov.2019 at 00:52
thanks john for your info last messages just wondering how i can get exact 6 meters lengths tried quick properties but that doesn't let me do it and also tried general settings thanks scott
scottz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Nov.2019 at 01:51
one more thing john can i get back out of SCALE cos i saved it accidentally as there is a line i put in a few days ago i want too change and it wont let me do it anymore or do i have too start all over again scott

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Nov.2019 at 13:24
I'm not sure what you mean by "get back out of SCALE".  If you have scaled something, then saved your drawing, the only way to return to what you had previously would be to use the reciprocal of the scale factor previously used.  Ex. - you scale a line by a factor of 5.  To reverse it you would have to rescale the line by 1/5 or 0.2.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic