CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 15299
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPDF printing crops bottom half of text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
imabruce View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011
Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF printing crops bottom half of text
    Posted: 09.Jan.2020 at 22:28
I have had this issue for a long time and not been able to figure out what causes it.

On a variety of drawings I have a number of Paperspace layout tabs.
Each layout tab has the drawing number in the title block in paperspace in the bottom right corner.

On some tabs, when I print them to PDF, the bottom half of the drawing number is cropped or blanked off, however the rest of the title block lines around and below it print fine.
On other tabs it all prints OK.

The properties of the text appear to be the same and the size of the text frame appears the same on "good" and "bad" tabs.

On the "bad" layouts, the cut-off printing happens if I use "Microsoft print to PDF" or "Scansoft PDF Create!" plotters, but there is no cut off if I use "DWG to PDF" plotter.

I assume therefore that it must be a combination of two things:
1. something in the different plotter configs that is different between them
2. something is different in the good and bad paperspace layouts, that the different plotters are treating differently

Hopefully someone can assist please as it would be good to be able to have anyone plot any layout on any loaded PDF plotter! 
Many thanks!

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic