CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7717
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDynamic Block - Grip doesn't follow Stetch / Move

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DM2-Inc View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic Block - Grip doesn't follow Stetch / Move
    Posted: 27.Mar.2020 at 00:25
I'm trying to create a dynamic block for wiring connections of our field parts. The wire is intended to represent a "Twisted Pair" communication cable, so there is what I'll call a "Wave" in the middle of the block. There are two (2) line segments on each side of the Wave.

I want to Stretch the line segments on both sides of the Wave in one direction but I want the wave to stay in the center of the block.

I'm able to get the lines on both sides of the wave to stretch correctly, and able to keep the wave in the middle of the line block.

My problem is that the grip should remain at the end of one of the stretch parameters, but it's not. I suspect it's not because my Move parameter isn't moving the line segments on the right side of the wave in the block.

I can't figure out how make the grip track with one side of the block when it's being stretched?

uploads/290750/Dynamic_Wire_Stretch.dwg
Regards,
DM2

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic