CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 2304
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPlotter printing problem in AutoCAD 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dauqdauq View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2021
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plotter printing problem in AutoCAD 2021
    Posted: 26.May.2020 at 14:10
Please help. I have a problem pushing on the plotter in AutoCAD 2021.
I have a problem printing on a roll of 914mm paper.
I have a drawing with a size of 840x630, for example, and I will use a paper size of 914x630 for printing on a plotter.
In AutoCAD 2020, I had two options for 914x630 in width and height, where I chose the width option so that the width of the 914mm roll matched the width of the 914mm paper.
But with AutoCAD 2021, it no longer created two options for the 914x630, so I can't get the 914mm in width. It still gives me the shorter side 630mm in width. Can you help me please?
So far in every AutoCAD it did me right, only with version 2021 not.
For better understanding, I attach photos.
Thank you for your advice.
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.May.2020 at 20:10
Hello dauqdauq, I'm not familiar in using only Oversize dimensions but the euro sizes A0 1189x841 , A1 841x594 , A2 594x 42 , A3 420x297 and A4 297x210.
The subject is : custom paper size.
You should be able to create your own dimensions ( or use the "standard dimensions that should be on top of the paper sizes list ) :
Eventually see :

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 26.May.2020 at 20:14
dauqdauq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.May.2020 at 07:49
Thank you very much for your reply.
But it didn't help. According to the instructions, I got to point 5. There is nothing there. My paper sizes are in "Adjust Standard Paper Sizes".

Now that I have created a new paper size of 914x300, the orientation in the properties is correct. However, not in AutoCAD.

Well thank you.
Lucia

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.May.2020 at 08:32
Hello dauqdauq, I see that you can create your own paper sizes but 914 mm ( 36 inches ) is the width of the paper roll and you shouldn't go to the maximum but let some margins.
914 mm is OK to print a A0 paper size 1189 ( length ) x 841 ( width ) and this leads to margins of (914 - 841 ) / 2 = 36.5 mm on each side of the roll width.
Maybe your problem is selecting the area to be printed, select :
Plot scale ( Meritko vykreslovani ) , Fit to paper ( Prizpusobit do plochy ) and verify :
1 mm = 1 unit ( 1 mm = 1 jednotly ) to be sure that your printed file will come out at the right scale.
1 mm = 1 unit is OK if you print a viewport from the layout space
1 mm = X unit if you print a selected area defined by the good rectangle of your paper size scaled at the right scale.
If you are printing on a sheet of paper 914x630 and not on a roll of paper width 914 length 35 meters or 50 meters I would use a custom ( or standard ) paper size 1189x841 euro A0 that should be available on top of the list paper size ( Velikst papiru ).
I can also see in your print screens that you have declared in : Dokument plotter - Vlastnosti ) a Roll and not a paper sheet.
Please let us know if this helped or not.
dauqdauq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.May.2020 at 07:16
Thanks again for your response.

Yes, he used a roll of paper with a width of 914 mm and a length of 50 m for printing. I have to use a paper source roll to have my plotter cut out a printed drawing. For printing, I use borderless printing, where the printed drawing aligns with the edges of the paper. It doesn't print 5mm from the edges (which I don't mind), but I don't have to cut out the drawing manually.

What bothers me is that printing works well in AutoCAD 2020. But in version 2021, program stopped showing paper sizes in width and height. And there is the problem.

I'm going to have to use AutoCAD 2020 for printing. Maybe Autodesk will fix it.

Thank you for your willingness.
Lucia

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.May.2020 at 08:38
Hello dauqdauq, I'm sorry not having found the solution.
In the past I had use some custom paper sizes to be declared in Windows and not AutoCAD in the characterictics of the printer ( if I remember well ) and then in AutoCAD "call" that particular paper size at the end of the paper sizes list.
If the plotter doesn't print 5 mm at each side of the roll that means that it has margins of 5 mm so that your usable printable width is 914-5-5 = 904 mm, generally OK for the euro paper sizes like A0 1189 mm x 841 mm or others.
dauqdauq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.May.2020 at 14:18
It does not matter. Thank you for your effort.
I use the "Clip contents by margins" option. Then the printed area in AutoCAD is the same as the set paper. Only the plotter does not push the edge 5mm. So if I have drawn something in 0-5mm, it won't print out. This way I don't need to cut out a drawing, but the plotter cuts off the exact size of the drawing (for example, 297mm height with a dimension of 914x297).

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic