CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6542
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPIPELINE ISOMETRIC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mher2018 View Drop Down

Using: AUTOCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Topic: PIPELINE ISOMETRIC
    Posted: 09.Jul.2020 at 14:57
Hello all experts, i am new to pipeline drawings, we have this project a 1.2 kilometres 60"inches cross country water underground pipeline. my question is it is required to make an isometric drawings on this. or what is the necessary drawings to produce for our construction team? aside from the typical weld details & miter/ elbow bends?

Help is much appreciated thank you and kept safe.

mher2018
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Jul.2020 at 07:20
Hello mher2018, I don't think that it's necessary to produce an isometric drawing for your big pipeline but I would rather produce a drawing including the survey of the diffrent slopes of the pipe.
Maybe inluding the theoretical and real locations of the different elbows, bends if any, accessories, etc...
In that kind of project there should be X,Y,Z topo indications in a local or general system with a very well selected 0,0,0 plus X direction going east and Y direction going north.
When surveying the construction it's possible to do topo measures on the external diameter of the pipe at the 3 accessible quadrants of the pipe ( left, up and right ), place this in a 3D AutoCAD file, draw the external circle passing by those 3 points and produce the exact center line of the pipe; all this in relation with the topo survey team.
Hope this will help, have a nice day.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Jul.2020 at 12:49
NO!  An isometric drawing is NOT required.  

Typically one would create what is called a Plan & Profile drawing.  The plan portion is just that...a plan view of the proposed route of the pipe which would depict the corridor the pipe is passing through with topographic features.  It would also have survey stationing included.  The profile portion would show a section corresponding to the plan view drawn above it of the pipe, the centerline profile (i.e. - the rise and fall of the land above the pipe), any utilities the water main may cross, with pertinent elevations of the pipe called out.  The same stationing corresponding to the plan above would run along the bottom.  Usually two different scales are used in the profile portion of the drawing.  The vertical one is exaggerated and may be 1/10th that of the plan scale.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Jul.2020 at 09:50
Hello her2018 and John, eventually se the AutoCAD file : 3D PIPES AND TOPO SURVEY.dwg in CAD/BIM Blocks.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Jul.2020 at 14:15
Plan and profile is typically drawn in 2D not 3D.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Jul.2020 at 15:30
Yes John, of course but my "study" file shows "everything" usefull.
I personnally use mainly 3D because of the 3D elbows to be placed along the profiles with informations to be given regarding the angles between the pipe elements and the 3D elbows to be rotated of a certain angle upstream and an other downstream, etc...
If there are no 3D elbows then 2D plan and profile views are enough and you can even give the X,Y,Z coordinates of whatever you want.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 11.Jul.2020 at 15:33
mher2018 View Drop Down

Using: AUTOCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Jul.2020 at 07:48
Hello Joseph & Connor i appreciate both of your time and points, our piping sub-contractor just submitted to us as Plan & Profile (Long section sheet) in 2D indicates topographic features & bends points. I think it will work to our construction team Isometric for a long big pipeline NOT required.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Jul.2020 at 12:43
In all my years doing civil drafting for a municipality I was never asked to produce an isometric for a sanitary sewer or municipal water main.  The only time I create an isometric was when the city I worked for wanted to build  a new city hall and a plumbing isometric was required as part of the plans.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Jul.2020 at 06:57
Hello mher2018 and John, a good topo survey will be important as the precision of the small slopes ( I supose ) are difficult to keep along big long distances.
Will you have 3D bends or "just" profile and/or plan bends ?
Eventually see my AutoCAD file : 3D ELBOW PIPE AND TOPO SURVEY.dwg in the CAD/BIM Blocks library here in the site. 

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 15.Jul.2020 at 07:17
Tharwat View Drop Down

Using: 2020
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Aug.2020 at 22:29
Hi,
Currently I am working on Isometric program for the Water Supply system and hopefully it would be ready and published within a few days from now.

I don't know why I can't upload a .gif file but anyway once the program gets ready then I will prepare a YouTube video for the program and publish it on my channel.

Regards.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic