CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6390
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD: is my computer up to the task?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD: is my computer up to the task?
    Posted: 15.Feb.2021 at 22:30
Your computer has enough physical RAM.  If you ran into any problems it would be as a result of your graphics card.  2GB of vidRAM is at the low end (entry level) of the spectrum.

Edited by John Connor - 15.Feb.2021 at 22:30
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

A-skal View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Feb.2021 at 15:38
Yet to read upon the software. What I read now MagiCAD is for 3D-building. Guess I will be doing the groundwork during my courses, and then some more computer demanding power during my work practice that is two months or so.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jan.2021 at 15:01
Your computer will run AutoCAD just fine which means it should be able to handle MagiCAD as well.  You do realize that MagiCAD is a BIM solution for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing therefore you will be working in 3D not 2D.

Edited by John Connor - 28.Jan.2021 at 15:19
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

A-skal View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Jan.2021 at 19:21
Getting AutoCAD and MagiCAD license from my education. Want to be sure I will be able to use them on my computer.

My computers hardware:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
RAM: 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M, 2GB

Aspire VN7 - 791, is the one I'm using.
More info: Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (VN7-791G)
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-V17-Nitro-VN7-791G-759Q-Notebook-Review.126701.0.html

Reading at: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD-2021-including-Specialized-Toolsets.html

My thought is that I can use this computer with AudoCAD. Is it also compatible with MagiCAD? Just want the software to be running quite smoothly during my education which last a year or so.

Designing pipes in buildings. I would guess it's mainly drawing floors which pipes will go to radiators and air systems.

Am asking here to be sure. Will only get one license which I will be able to install on one computer. And my course is beginning in 2 weeks. Have no expert on AutoCAD nor MagiCAD to ask at the moment.

Edited by A-skal - 25.Jan.2021 at 19:47

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic