CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7389
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIn adavnce steel How to draw inner and outer cladd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anantham View Drop Down

Using: AUTOCAD2020,ADVANCE STEEL 2020,REVIT2020
Direct Link To This Post Topic: In adavnce steel How to draw inner and outer cladd
    Posted: 19.Apr.2021 at 14:30
I have drawn the structural part in  the mrt project in Advance steel but i couldn't able to draw the inner and outer cladding.Guys help me to resolve this problem,It stressed me a lot in the past few weeks,Its urgent, I have drawn the front side cladding of the nose part but how to draw the side portion?
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Apr.2021 at 20:46
Hello Anantham, I don't know Advance Steel but I know AutoCAD and I would do these shapes in surface 3D with the command EDGESURF after having set the 2 variables SURFTAB1 and SURFTAB2.
AutoCAD will do the job with facets because the shapes are not common but twisted.
Ther are maybe possibilities to "transform" these surface shapes to real 3D and there are TIPS here in the site for this..... 
Also try RULESURF that you will have to explore...
Eventually see the AutoCAD file that I have uploaded : ROND_CARRE.dwg about how to draw and unfold a square/rond in the CAD/BIM Block library here in the site.
Please tell us if this helped or not.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 19.Apr.2021 at 21:02

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Apr.2021 at 20:54
Hello Anantham, see the tips :
12059 Setting th G0, G1, G2 continuity of lofting ( to use the command LOFT )
12064 3D offset of a surface
12237 Unfold 3D surface to 2D.............
Anantham View Drop Down

Using: AUTOCAD2020,ADVANCE STEEL 2020,REVIT2020
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Apr.2021 at 09:27
Thank you my friend PHILIPPE JOSEPH for your valuable ideas, I tried the above methods you mentioned but i couldn't able to attain the shape i need.I uploaded my dwg file for further understanding of that part, my friend if you have time try it on your side and let me know if it works, dwg file name:Nose_part-Inner_and_outer_cladding.dwg 21285

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Apr.2021 at 10:44
Anantham I'm not abble to open any DWG file right now.
Did you try EDGESURF between 2 arcs, one very little on the top and one of the right radius on the bottom ?
I suppose that you will have to modelize each sector in at least 3 parts conformably to the different radius at the bottom.
I will try to do some tests but I have only a very old AutoCAD release in house.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic