CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 18821
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLISP to generate wire labels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joeljbennett View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2022
Direct Link To This Post Topic: LISP to generate wire labels
    Posted: 28.May.2022 at 06:23
I could use some help with creating a LISP file to generate wire labels. Here is how I would like the program to work (see screenshot).

User loads and runs routine

1. User is prompted to SELECT 1ST blocktxt. Program extracts the first 8 characters from the model tag, it skips counting spaces. Or extract all characters up to the left bracket, which ever comes first. Then append a colon and space
2) Next the user is prompted to SELECT 1st text, which extracts the last digit or last two digits.  If there are no digits at the end of the string then extract the last word (eg OUT). Then append a line break
3) Then the user is prompted to SELECT 2nd blocktxt, program extracts the first 8 characters from the model tag, skip counting spaces. Or extract all characters up to the left bracket, which ever comes first. Then append a colon and space
4) Next the user is prompted to SELECT 2nd text, which extracts the last digit or last two digits.  If there are no digits at the end of the string then extract the last word (eg OUT).  
5) Allow user to place resulting mtext in the drawing on the Label layer

Here is the desired results on the Label layer from the drawing and pic below

DP DA 2: 1
TH-55CQE: 1

I found this LISP that extracts all text from multiple blocks and converts it to mtext.

https://autocadtips1.com/2011/04/26/autolisp-attribute-to-text-mtext/

And this LISP combines multiple selected text in to one mtext

http://www.lee-mac.com/text2mtext.html

I thought these  two LISPs might be helpful as a starting place.

julecave View Drop Down

Using: audocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Jul.2022 at 18:30

I’ve had great experiences with Brother printers and their P-Touch software. They had a template for network cables to go off of and you can import labeling number schemes from an excel sheet.

I had the same issue some months ago and couldn’t find a solution I was happy with. Now all cables in my network are fully documented and labeled. Best of luck!

julecave View Drop Down

Using: audocad 2015
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18.Jul.2022 at 23:41
I had the same issue some months ago and couldn?t find a solution I was happy with. Now all cables in my network are fully documented and labeled. Best of luck!

Edited by julecave - 19.Jul.2022 at 10:59

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic