CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10701
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to use the same file with two or more PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
moltres1997 View Drop Down

Using: r033095
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use the same file with two or more PC
    Posted: 09.Sep.2022 at 14:27
Hello !

How can I use the same file, on two or more computers at the same time? Just like we do with the shared mode of excel online, where all users make changes live.
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Sep.2022 at 14:40
Not exactly like Excel but you might be able to use partial open - https://www.cadforum.cz/en/open-just-a-part-of-a-dwg-drawing-layers-views-tip11868 or the online version of AutoCAD https://www.cadforum.cz/en/concurrent-editing-of-a-dwg-file-from-two-remote-pcs-tip8566
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
moltres1997 View Drop Down

Using: r033095
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Sep.2022 at 15:57
I accessed CAD 360 (which is now Autocad mobile) and it does not unify the changes made by users.

When the two computers save the file, the app doesn't merge the changes, but gives the option to create a copy, or use the PC version that saved it first.

Do you know of any way for two people to save the file at the same time, and the CAD merge the changes?
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Sep.2022 at 19:19
"CAD" is too generic a term.  If you mean AutoCAD specifically, I don't think it can do that.  Revit can have more than one person working in the same file, if that's a possibility for you, though it wouldn't allow saving at the same time.  But it will merge each person's changes into a central file, and others working in it can synchronize to get others' changes to show in their program.

Edited by Kent Cooper - 12.Sep.2022 at 19:22
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Sep.2022 at 07:33
Hello everybody, I don't know if the word "use the same file, on two or more computers at the same time" is OK. I would more use the word "give the hand on one file" to an other person through an internet conversation like with "TEAM" with wich you can talk on the "telephone", show and "share" documents, etc...
In any case, I find a "multiple access" dangerous but an "alternative" property more safe.
There are softwares like Solidworks in wich the file belongs to its owner an he can eventually "give access in working and saving" an not only "reading".

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 13.Sep.2022 at 07:39

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic